Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little

Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
"In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden's tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden's turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe's leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family's position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden's heart.

Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden's heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb's increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden's every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying.

With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family's survival on the line, Jayden must finish the deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find true love for herself."- summary from Amazon

I am not usually one for historical fiction, but this book really captured my attention. It's just written so beautifully and is such a compelling, suspenseful story. I will admit though that I am a bit of a sucker for ancient cultures so with this being set in Mesopotamia, it was easier to get me to read it. Jayden is a great main character and I loved reading her journey through the desert and dealing with all the obstacles that come up in her path. I do wish I had known from the start though that this was the start of a trilogy; for some reason, I thought this was a stand-alone book and was expecting it to end as such. It does not because there are still two more books, which is fine though because I'm really enjoying being in this world with these characters.

Overall, a fantastic start to a new trilogy and I'm really excited to see where things go from here!!

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment