Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fresh New Voice of YA- Interview with Daisy Whitney

News: I was on A Book and A Chat last night and NO ONE STOPPED BY! Not that it matters really because we only had half an hour and so, for me, I felt rushed so I can't even imagine if we had to include reader questions too. Hopefully he'll invite me back sometime for a full hour. But anyway, I had a wonderful time and if you missed it, it's up here for listening at your own leisure. Please ignore any background noise- there was the occasional animal doing a bad thing and my friend Liz would take care of it. Anyway, I talk about my blog, interactions with authors, BEA vs. ALA, my writings and more, so hope you all enjoy!


1) How did you get the idea for The Mockingbirds?

I was inspired by To Kill a Mockingbird and wanted to write about students who try to uphold justice and what is right.


2) Could you tell us the story of "The Call" or "The Email" when you found out that your book had sold? How did you react? How did you celebrate?

I had just picked my daughter up from pre school when the call came so I pulled over onto the side of the road to talk to my agent. I was thrilled!


3) What book(s) are you working on now? Can you tell us anything about them?

I turned in a sequel to THE MOCKINGBIRDS and now I am working on an edgy, sexy mystery novel.


4) Your day job is that of a New Media producer and reporter and you run your own show called "The New Media Minute". What brought you to that profession, and what exactly does it entail?

I've been a reporter for 15 years and technology has always been my beat!


5) What's your favorite Jelly Belly jelly bean flavor?

Wild cherry


6) What book(s) are you reading now, or are about to start?

Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales, and Hate List by Jennifer Brown

7) Your book was just released earlier this month. How does it feel to have the book out in the world, and being able to see it on store shelves and in peoples' (and your own) hands?

Surreal and incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment