Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ask Book Chic (14)

Did you guys miss this in the last two weeks? I sure did. Hope you guys enjoy this latest edition of Ask Book Chic!

Em asks "If you could live in the world of any book, which book would you choose and why?"

Probably a Meg Cabot book, because then I'd probably have a boyfriend by now. Also, everything would be hilarious. And, depending on the book, I could be a princess or someone who saved the president, or have my brain transplanted into that of a supermodel (maybe one on Project Runway?). WOO!


Brent asks "Oh, then a question. Here: Do you review every book you receive?"

I definitely do my best, but blogging for over three years means LOTS of books have been received at a rate that I can't handle being, yknow, human and only a slightly fast reader. So I seriously have several bookcases full of to-be-reviewed books. It may seem like a daunting task, but I know I'll get around to all of them eventually. It'll take a LONG time, but it will happen. I don't have many November titles (5 in total) in my TBR pile right now, so next month will be filled with books released in the past few months as well as some that were released last year. It'll probably be the same with December. That will help with my TBR piles, and will also mean I can donate titles to my library, in the case of finished review copies I've received.


jpetroroy asks "How do you decide which books not to review? Are there ever any times you just don't have anything interesting to say about them?"

There have only been like one or two instances where I haven't reviewed a book in my entire blogging life and they were did-not-finish books, so I didn't get far in before putting it down. Other than that, I review pretty much everything I read, except for like the occasional library book I get.

In regards to saying something interesting about a book, it's never really that I don't have anything interesting to say, but rather I have nothing to elaborate on. When that happens, my reviews just end up being really short. The two books that come to mind for this is The Espressologist by Kristina Springer and You Wish by Mandy Hubbard. It's not like they weren't good books, but rather I just didn't have much to say beyond "This is a cute, fluffy read." Longer reviews mean I connected more to a book and that there's a bit more (or a lot more) substance there.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha - seriously I loved your Meg Cabot answer. You would make an awesome princess or brain-transplanted supermodel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *nods* sometimes I do the super-sort review, because I think a book is cute, like it somewhat but don't really like it enough to write a long review about it.

    Liked this week's questions. I would probably live in a Meg Cabot book too, or probably in HP's, but only if I got to be a witch, otherwise it's just the real world.

    ReplyDelete