Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel


Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
"'Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one.'

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face. It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust. I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode. But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream. I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me..."- summary from Amazon

I absolutely loved this book and thought it was so original. Maizel storms onto the YA scene with a fang-tastically (I couldn't resist) written debut. This book really took me off-guard and I found it hard to put the book down. Lenah is such an interesting character and I loved the back and forth of her in present day and her when she was a vampire in past times. I really enjoyed seeing those looks into her old life.

The boys in this book are all amazing- I pretty much loved them all. Rhode, Tony, and Justin are all fine male specimens. I think out of all of them, I loved Tony the most because he's so funny and carefree, and I love that in a guy. But I did also enjoy Lenah's attraction to Justin. He proved to be more than just a jock, and I really liked his deeper nature when it came to Lenah. Maizel did a great job fleshing these characters out.

The ending was very cinematic and I absolutely loved it, but having the teaser of the second book at the end kinda softened the blow a bit, so I didn't really like that. But if you ignore that, the book ends on a very big cliffhanger.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and it's an impressive debut. Definitely check it out if you're looking for a new kind of vampire read.

FTC: Received ARC through Book It Forward tours. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

Also, not that she needs help with her 2000+ followers, but Kristi of The Story Siren is hosting an event called GLBT Lit Days featuring guest blogs from GLBT and GLBT-friendly authors and bloggers (like moi!) as well as reviews of GLBT YA Literature. Please go check it out and leave comments; it's going to be a wonderful event! It's running from August 9-August 20.

5 comments:

  1. I agree I loved this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone likes this one don't they? (Not that I diverge from the crowd . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great review! I'm getting a copy of this book soon, so I'll be curious to see what I think of the male characters you mentioned. However, I tend to swoon rather easily, so *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review. I totally agree with you about the ending, huge cliffhanger! I did not get the teaser bc I have an ARC so I was left hanging...haha that joke was about as good as your fang-tastic. J/K :) I did love how Justin has to grow on you bc I did not like him at the beginning either. Overall though, such an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hearing good things about this book, I was unsure at first but now I think I'll have to look out for it! I am glad it sounds like theres loads of hot boys in it.

    ReplyDelete