Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Funny Tidbit

Just a quick post cuz something amusing happened at work just a little bit ago.

So I'm listening to A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray and my portable CD player was getting low on batteries. It's near the beginning of Chapter 6 when Anne talks about this Lucy book and Gemma says "That's poppycock!" Right after that, my CD player ran out of batteries and stopped the audiobook with a short beep. It struck me as funny because Gemma had just cursed and then my CD player turned off.

It's more funny if you'd actually heard it, but hopefully it's still funny just reading about it. Let me know in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. And I didn't even think poppycock was such a bad word! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, still funny, even in blogosphere. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writerjenn- LOL, it's not! But apparently, my CD player did not like it. :P

    Maggie- Haha, thanks for confirmation! It's just when I was writing it out and reading it over, I'm like "This doesn't seem as funny as when it actually happened. Like, still funny but not AS funny." So I was worried that it might not translate well into prose format, lol.

    ReplyDelete