Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (5)

Yes, finally, a regular blog post after so many vlogs! lol. Here's my pick for this week's Waiting on Wednesday:


Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.
A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.

My Thoughts: I've only read two Dessen books so far (Just Listen and Lock and Key), but I'm eager to read more and this new one sounds really good! This book will be released on June 16, 2009.

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on this one too! I've read a few of Sarah Dessen's books before and they were pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of Sarah's books but I really want to read a few....Just Listen, Lock and Key...They always have great covers, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE Dessen fan and am so thrilled she's already putting out a new book instead of the 2 year waiting gap.

    ReplyDelete